Some sample questions from this category:
* Situated inland in the province of Gauteng, this city is the financial and industrial centre of South Africa. It is the largest city in the world not located on the coast, by a lake or on a navigable river?
* Founded north of the Cape of Good Hope between Table mountain and the sea, which city was the site of the first European settlement in South Africa?
* Named for a Boer statesman and the administrative capital city of South Africa, Winston Churchill was once imprisoned here?
* Located inland, this was the first city in the southern hemisphere to install outside street lighting, and the home of the first stock exchange in South Africa?
* Originally named Port Rex and located in Eastern Province at the mouth of the Buffalo River?