Interesting Questions, Facts and Information
- There are a total of 10 general entries.
Interesting Questions, Facts, and Information
Air Force Falcons
|In 2002, Chance Harridge set a single season record for touchdowns at AFA. How many did he score?||Air Force Football
22. He scored 22 touchdowns, totaling 132 points, which were both AFA single season records. Beau Morgan set career records in both categories with 42 TDs and 252 points upon his own graduation in 1996.
|In 1992, Carlton McDonald was named an All-American. How many other All-Americans had AFA had before him?||Air Force Football
4. The others were Brock Strom (1958), Ernie Jennings (1970), Scott Thomas (1985), and Chad Hennings (1987).
|Before Fisher DeBerry took over as head coach in 1984, how many AFA head coaches had a winning career record?||Air Force Football
1. Only Buck Shaw, who posted a 9-8-2 record in two years as a coach had a winning record. The other coaches all had losing records. Robert Whitlow had a 4-4 record, Ben Martin had a 96-103-9 record, Bill Parcells went 3-8, and Ken Hattfield had a 26-32-1 record.
QB rushing yards. He finished his collegiate career with 3,612 rushing yards, the most ever by a QB at the time. He finished fifth in the Heisman trophy voting his senior year.
|In 1958, AFA posted a 9-0-2 record, their first undefeated season, and earned a bowl bid. What bowl game did they play in?||Air Force Football
Cotton Bowl. They played TCU to a 0-0 tie in the Cotton Bowl. The other tie they had was in the season opener against Iowa.
|Col. Robert V. Whitlow was the first coach in AFA history. How many seasons did he coach at AFA before being replaced?||Air Force Football
1. He coached the team to a 4-4 record in it's first ever season in 1955. However the 8 games they played were all against JV squads from other schools. AFA played 7 home games that season.
|What coach that went on to coach the NFLs Patriots, Jets, and Cowboys (among others), and posted a 3-8 record in his only season as the AFA head coach?||Air Force Football
Bill Parcells . In 1978, Bill Parcells posted a 3-8 record in his only season as the AFA coach. The team started out 2-0 with wins over Texas El-Paso (34-25) and Boston College (18-7) before losing 5 straight games and 8 of their last nine games. They team also beat Kent State (26-10) that season.
San Diego Chargers. The AFA helmets had a blue lightning bolt with a silver outline.
The first graduating class voted on it. The class that picked the falcon picked it because the falcon embodies the qualities sought after in Air Force cadets. The falcon was chosen as the mascot back in 1954, a year before the AFA had a football team.
|The Air Force football program started in 1955, but what year did Falcon Stadium open?||Air Force Football
1962. Falcon Stadium had a capacity of 52,480 fans in 2005.