Some sample questions from this category:
* At the conclusion of WWII, the western border of Poland was shifted approximately one hundred and fifty miles to the west. What was this new border called?
* In February of 1956, this Soviet Communist leader denounced Stalin at the Twentieth Congress of the Soviet Communist party. His denunciation led to "the thaw" throughout Eastern Europe, including Poland. Who was this Soviet leader?
* This individual was head of the Polish Communist Party from 1947-56. He was an ardent Stalinist, known for his brutal use of the secret police. Who was he?
* On October 16, 1978, this archbishop of Krakow, who became Pope John Paul II, was elected by the Roman Catholic College of Cardinals as the new pope. What was his name?
* This Communist leader declared martial law in Poland on December 13, 1981, established the Military Council of National Salvation to administer the country, and suspended Solidarity. Who was he?