Complete Clue List
1. Nationality of Carl Jung and Roger Federer
6. Mr Firth or Mr Farrell, both actors
9. Harrison Ford breakthrough role (3,4)
10. Major city in southern Turkey
11. Prison, life or security. Also a basketball position
12. Wilhelm, produced and detected X-rays. Inaugural Nobel Prize winner for Physics
14. Vietnamese revolutionary: ____ Minh (2,3)
17. Cary Grant or Jack Nicholson profession
20. Jacques, German-born French cellist. Composed nearly 100 operettas
23. Edith, French singer. The Little Sparrow
24. Irish mononymous Celtic pop singer
25. Laurence, previously Larry, "The Matrix", "Rumble Fish" "John Wick 2"
26. Mr Neeson, "Schindler's List"
27. One of the largest groups of indigenous Brazilians before colonisation. Not named after an antelope
28. Queen consort and wife of King Edward VII but not the Egyptian Mediterranean city
31. Frasier's surname is a bit lofty
33. In front
36. Ms O'Sullivan, American actress and Mia's mom or Ms Starkey, Ringo's first wife
39. Mr Thurmond, represented South Carolina in the US Senate 1954 to 2003
40. Ms Carpenter, one half of a pop duo tragically died at 32
41. Japanese paper-folding skill
42. DeGeneres or Foley but NOT Mirren
43. Brother of 31A
1. Guns N' Roses guitarist
2. Biblical Abraham's son, almost sacrificed
3. Omar, Egyptian actor and contract bridge player
5. Kim___-il or Kim ___-un. North Korean leaders
6. French brandy, twice distilled
7. Minimum quantity required
8. Ralph, activist and reformer in consumer protection, environmental and government causes
13. UK Prime Minister 1997-2007 (4,5)
15. Laurence, noted British actor, "Rebecca"
16. Dustin but not Felicity
18. Major adversary of Wonder Woman (DC Comics) OR a very fast land animal
19. Ms Dukakis, American actress "Moonstruck"
21. Key component of spring-powered watches but NOT one of the American rap trio, "Killing Me Softly"
22. Unpleasantly bitter, sharp or pungent
29. Jack, "The China Syndrome", "Glengarry Glen Ross" is not sour
30. Ian, Scottish novelist. creator of John Rebus
31. Social stratification tier
32. Ms Lavigne, Canadian punk-pop singer
34. Mr Flynn, Australian actor
35. King of Portugal 1379-1425, the Poet King, was NOT a menace but could have inspired a Blondie song
37. Leon, American novelist "Exodus"
38. Son of Biblical Isaac and elder brother of Jacob