Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Though there are no actual snoods in this movie, there is at least the potential for a snood, given where Buster works. What is Buster selling?
2. Miss Wilson (Dorothy Appleby) has stolen something, and ducks into Buster's workplace to hide from the cops. But the flatfoots are waiting outside, watching for her. Desperate to get rid of the goods, she fools Buster into acting as a mule to transport her ill-gotten gains. What does she hide in the purchase that Buster is to deliver later?
3. Buster arrives at Miss Wilson's apartment to find the maid (Elsie Ames) singing at her work. She's a dreadful singer and an even worse maid. What does she do that ought to get her fired?
4. Buster walks in unannounced, takes a seat, and watches the maid's antics with a wary eye. But things take a strange turn. How is it that Buster ends up getting the maid drunk?
5. Once the maid is plastered, Buster and Elsie do a lot of improvisation around the prop Buster's father had built the family vaudeville act around. What's the prop?
6. Well, all the drunken goofing around has ended with the maid cold-cocking herself. Where does Buster hide the knocked-out maid when Miss Wilson comes home?
7. Miss Wilson takes the parrot out of the room for a moment, removing her contraband from Buster's hat and hiding it on the parrot. She returns and hands the cage to Buster, who is to deliver it in exchange for the promise of another purchase. But the maid leaps into his arms, and he tosses the cage aside to catch her, setting free the parrot. The parrot flies out the window and onto the ledge. How does Miss Wilson convince Buster to go out after it?
8. The first mishap to befall Buster on the ledge has him getting beaned with a flower pot. How does this happen?
9. The maid throws Buster a rope and starts to pull him up, but gets chased away by Miss Wilson. Roughly 50 feet of rope go streaming out the window, presumably with Buster at the other end, before the maid runs back and catches it -- leaving Buster dangling. She drops him again, and he lands on a flagpole. The flagpole breaks and sends Buster flying. Where does he end up?
10. In the end, Buster and the maid wind up landing front of Miss Wilson and two police detectives. Buster hands Miss Wilson her ill-gotten loot before uttering his final line. Then one by one the characters start fainting. Who is the only one left standing?
Source: Author ubermom
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.