Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This gymnast was called the "Belarusian Swan" and the "Goddess of Gymnastics" due to her height, grace, and long lines. She is also a three-time Olympic champion. Who is this gymnast?
2. This gymnast has often been called the "Diva" or "Queen" of Russian gymnastics. She is a 7-time Olympic medalist and known for her expressive dance, extreme difficulty, and innovative routine. Who is this gymnast?
3. This one Belarusian gymnast helped turn women's gymnastics into the popular sport it is today. She is often referred to as the "Sparrow of Minsk". Who is this gymnast?
4. This gymnast captivated audiences with her high flying release skills on the uneven bars and her tumbling ability on the floor exercise. She eventually gained the nickname "Awesome Dawesome". Who is this gymnast?
5. This gymnast claims the nickname as "America's Sweetheart'. She is the first gymnast from the United States to win the coveted All-Around gold medal at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympics. Who is this gymnast?
6. This gymnast earned her nickname "Little Miss Perfect" at the 1976 Montreal Olympics. She was first gymnast to receive a perfect 10 at an Olympic game. Who is this gymnast?
7. This team of gymnasts made history by capturing the team gold at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics over the favored Russian team. This was the first time in United States history that this has happened. The team included captain Amanda Borden, Shannon Miller, Dominique Moceanu, Dominique Dawes, Kerri Strug, Amy Chow, and Jaycie Phelps. What was this team often referred to after those history making games?
8. As this gymnast progressed through her gymnastics career she earned the nickname of "Mighty Mouse". She was favored to win the All-Around gold at the 1996 Atlanta Olympics, but a mistake on her final apparatus left her in 5th place. Who is this gymnast?
9. This gymnast nicknamed "Pepsodent" missed competing at the 1992 Barcelona Olympic Games though she made the team, but was left off in favor of another gymnast. However, she did compete as the captain of the 1996 Olympics women's gymnastics team. Who is this gymnast?
10. This gymnast is a 7-time Olympic medalist, however, the nickname "Zidicala" which is roughly translated to "airhead" was given to her by her Romanian teammates. Who is this gymnast?
Source: Author xgymnasticsx1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.