Interesting Questions, Facts and Information
- There are a total of 35 general entries. We are selecting 30 for display.
Interesting Questions, Facts, and Information
Born To Run. "Together Noriko we'll live in the sadness/ I'll love you with all the madness in my soul/ Someday girl I don't know when we're gonna get to that place/ Where we really want to go and we'll walk in the sun/ But till then tramps like us baby we were born to run." Bruce Springsteen, apart from the "Noriko".
Yuka and Noriko. Yuka Nakagawa, the class clown, dies from food poisoning. Noriko Nakagawa survives along with Shuya Nanahara. The other girl's full names are Yuko Sakaki, Yukie Utsumi and Satomi Noda.
Pro wrestling. "What? battle Royale? What's a Battle Royale? Don't tell me you don't know that! Why bother coming to a pro wrestling match huh?!" This rant is really very amusing.
Mayumi Tendo. Yoshitoki and Fumiyo are both killed by Sakamochi before the game begins. Mayumi is killed by Yoshio as she is leaving the school.
Sho Tsukioka. Kiriyama flips a coin to decide whether to play the game or take on the people behind it. Of course he ends up playing the game. he also kills Izumi Kanai on the southern tip. Sho Tsukioka escapes at this point and tails Kiriyama for a while.
7. Yoji Kuramoto(sickle in the head), Yuchiro Takiguchi (shot repeatedly), Tadakatsu Hatagami (batted to death), Megumi Eto (sickle in the neck), Kayoko Kotohiki (bullet in the chest), Takako Chigusa (shot repeatedly) and Yoshimi Yahagi (shot in the head).
Spring Baton. She never actually uses the spring baton, however she does kill Yuka Nakagawa (16) using the poison she is given as an extra. However the poison is not stated as being her issued weapon, just a bonus in her survival pack.
14. Shogo Kawada (Remmington M31, Sawn off shotgun), Sho Tsukioka (Deringer .22), Tadakatsu Hatagami(Smith & Wesson M19 .357 Magnum), Mitsuru Numai (Watiher PPK 9mm), Shinji Mimura (Boretta M92F), Kyoichi Motobuchi (Pistol), Kazuhiko Yamamoto (Colt.357 magnum), Yukie Utsumi (Browning), Kayoko Kotohiki (Smith & Wesson M59 automatic), Hirono Shimizu (Smith & Wesson .38), Yuka Nakagawa (Chzechoslovakian CZ75), Satomi Noda (Uzi 9mm), Kaori Minami (CIG Sauer P230 9mm) and Yoshimi Yahagi (Colt .45).
Shinji Minimura. Shinji was nicknamed "The Third Man" and Shuya "Wild Seven". The girls sewed a seven and a three onto the backs of their baseball shirts.
17. Stage two ends with the death of Shinji Mimura. Students left are:
Shogo Kawada, Noriko Nakagawa, Shuya Nanahara, Kazuo Kiriyama, Mizuho Inada, Mitsuko Souma, Kayoko Kotohiki, Hiroki Sugimura, Tadagatsu Hatagami, Yuchiro Takiguichi, Toshinori Oda, Yukie Utsumi, Yuko Sakaki, Haruka Tanizawa, Yuka Nakagawa, Satomi Noda and Chisato Matsui.
12. As follows!- Yumiko Kusaka, Yukiko Kitano, Mitsuko Souma, Toshinori Oda, Hiroshi Kuranaga, Ryuhei Sasagawa, Yutaka Seto, Sho Tsukioka (Kiriyama leads him into a danger zone), Mitsuru Numai, Shinji Mimura, Mitsuho Inada and Izumi Kanai.
"I think I felt the same way". Sakura has just been telling him how she knew he would understand her when she first met him. He wants his last words to be something like "I'm going to die for her honour" but doesn't know how to say it. This chapter really made me sad!
Shuya Nanahara. Shuya is obsessed with rock music and has an electric guitar that Yoshitoki Kuninobu taught him to play when they were in the orphanage together. This is of course quite a dangerous practice as rock music is outlawed in the Republic Of Greater East Asia.
Pink. When she is attempting to seduce Tadakatsu Katagami as a precursor to killing him we are informed as to the color of Mitsuko's underwear.
Shinji Mimura. When he hears about Sho's death Shinji reflects on how it always bothered him that Sho kept asking him on dates. Shinji also considers that Takako and Mitsuko are both his type. Shuya Nanahara is just pretty much everyone else's crush!
Kaori Minami. We know Megumi has a crush on him as she is looking at his photos when Mitsuko finds her (in the film this is changed so that she has a crush on Shinji Mimura instead). Noriko wrote Shuya love letters and Yukiko tells Yumiko about her crush shortly before she dies. Yumiko also has a crush on him as does Yukie Utsumi. As far as we know Kaori only has eyes for her favourite pop star.
5. Yukie Utsumi, Satomi Noda, Chisato Matsui, Yuka Nakagawa and Haruka Tanizawa are all killed during the shoot out in the lighthouse, making five girls. There are of course six girls involved but Yuko Sakaki, who actually causes the whole thing, survives the shootout and throws herself off the top of the lighthouse, therefore dying just outside it!
|In reverse order, who are the last five students to die during the game? (That's putting the last one to die in the GAME first).||Koushun Takami's "Battle Royale"
Kazuo Kiriyama, Mizuho Inada, Mitsuko Souma, Kayoko Kotohiki, Hiroki Sugimura. Hiroki is shot by Kayoko when he tries to rescue her, she is then shot by Mitsuko who is shot by Kiriyama. kiriyama kills Mizuho Inada when she tries to kill him and he is eventually killed himself by Shogo. Shogo is the last student to die in the book but that is after the game is officially over!
Grenades. In the movie Yumiko is issued with a megaphone, in the book she and Yukiko find one in the town hall. Yumiko is issued with grenades which Kiriyama picks up after killing her and later uses to attempt to blow up Shuya. Yukiko is issued with darts (and a dartboard) and Kazushi Niida with a banjo.
Kazuo Kiriyama. Toshinori attempts to win the game by tailing Kiriyama; he is desperate to win so as to go on to become a great violinist, for which he practiced all his life. What he doesn't know is that Kiriyama mastered to violin to a level far greater than his long before and then threw his violin in the trash.
Shogo Kawada. The authorities don't know about Shuya and Noriko's survival, and the vicious Kazuo is the final casualty--besides Shogo, whose wounds eventually kill him. But he's still declared the winner.
a detonator. Shinji uses it in his plan to blow up the school.
Sho Tsukioka. This is the book, remember; in the movie Shogo kills Kazuo by shooting him in the collar, but in the book it's only the unlucky Sho who wanders into a forbidden zone.
|In the document Shinji downloads after hacking the government website, what word is the first part of the code for their explosive collars?||"Battle Royale" by Koushun Takami
guadalcanal. The collars are coded "guadalcanal-shiroiwa" followed by a number and then a letter, with separate listings for the 21 boys and 21 girls.
The Superintendent. His kids aren't grown, Mr. Hayashida was killed before the Program began, and the Dictator might not even exist at all.
Mizuho Inada. Yoshitoki is gunned down; Fumiyo is killed by a throwing knife in the forehead. Norkio is shot in the leg but not killed. Mizuho Inada, on the other hand, lives to be the fifth-from-last casualty of the Program.
Peach. It's worn by soldiers and bureaucrats alike.
1947. "Officially known as Battle Experiment No. 68 Program," the book tells us. "The first program was held in 1947."
Kobe. Shogo is a little more sophisticated not only because of his experience, but because he's from "the big city."