Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Welcome to this movie anagram quiz. Please note that the year for which a movie is awarded is the year before the presentation ceremony. For example the movie which won the Best Picture Oscar of 2000 was presented with that Oscar in 2001. The years given are taken from the website of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. The first question is...
Jon Voight was in a WITCHING MOOD BY the lights of New York City in 1969's Best Picture Oscar winner. What movie was that?
2. The lead character had to STIR TWO VILE pots of gruel in 1968's Oscar winning movie. On which novel was the movie based?
3. The HEATHEN THIEF GOT THIN in jail waiting for the police to process him. The cops were busy solving a murder with Sidney Poitier's assistance. Which movie won 1967's Best Picture Oscar?
4. Henry the Eighth met A SALESMAN FOR SALON brides as he was trying divorce Catherine of Aragon. Which Best Picture Oscar winning movie of 1966 showed the struggle Thomas More had with Henry about Henry's first divorce?
5. Julie Andrews turned a FOCUSSED HUM INTO a beautiful musical for 1965's Best Picture Oscar winner. What movie was that?
6. An ARID MAYFLY circled Audrey Hepburn's elaborate hat while she learnt how to be a lady. Audrey didn't win an Oscar but the movie won 1964's Best Picture Oscar. What movie was that?
7. Will the MOON JEST about the central character in 1963's Best Picture Oscar winner? The character's name is also the title of the movie.
8. Peter O'Toole WORE A CABANA RIFLE in the desert while making 1962's Best Picture Oscar winner. What movie was that?
9. Will the WISEST DESTROY the future of New York gangs in 1961's Best Picture Oscar winner? What movie am I asking about?
10. Shirley Maclaine flashed RAMPANT TEETH at Jack Lemmon in this movie. She didn't win an Oscar but the movie won 1960's Best Picture Oscar. What movie was that?
Source: Author Tizzabelle
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.