Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. While it's called the Detroit Zoo, the zoo is actually situated in what Michigan city, famous for being the home of actor Bruce Campbell and film director Sam Raimi?
2. In the early years of the Detroit Zoo they offered rides on some of the animals. After giving more than 400,000 people a lift, Paulina retired. What type of animal was Paulina?
3. In 2002 the zoo received an AZA National Exhibit Award for which animal habitat?
4. The zoo is home to the Arctic Ring of Life, which is the world's largest (captive) habitat for what animal?
5. The Detroit Zoo isn't just a home for current species of animals though. In 1993 the zoo opened an exhibit featuring what extinct creatures which were also featured in a Steven Spielberg movie?
6. Starting in 2007, what long-necked animals were zoo visitors allowed to feed during certain times of the day?
7. In the mid 1950s the Chrysler Corp. donated multiple vehicles to help patrons get around the zoo. What type of vehicles did the automotive manufacturer donate?
8. Which of these, the state's official animal known for its hydrophobic fur, round ears, broad head and a long bushy tail, has an exhibit in the Detroit Zoo?
9. When it first opened in 1968 the "Penguinarium" was the first North American zoo exhibit designed specifically for penguins.
10. Known for being native to the geographic area around Michigan, what small shorebird is among the species the Detroit Zoo worked to rescue off of the endangered species list starting in the mid 1980s?
Source: Author Shadowmyst2004
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor guitargoddess
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.