Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of these options best describes the phrase "a back seat driver"?
2. What does it mean when we say, "it never rains, but it pours"?
3. If we say, "led up the garden path" what does it mean?
4. Which of these statements best describes the expression "in at the death"?
5. The expression "kick the bucket" means to lose your temper.
6. What of these are you doing if you "Put the cart before the horse"?
7. If you "wash your dirty linen in public" what are you doing?
8. If you were told you needed to "tighten your belt" it would mean you had lost weight.
9. Which word is missing from this expression?
"Cut off your ______ to spite your face."
10. And finally, what does the expression "over a barrel" mean?
Source: Author musicmonkeyman
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Bruyere
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.