Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Working in a factory can be a fun job, but if a person isn't properly protected, there are several injuries which can occur. Protective equipment is supplied to workers to help prevent injuries from occurring. Which item would most likely be supplied if a worker were exposed to harmful chemicals which they could breathe in?
2. If a worker is instructed to use a grinding machine to file down a piece of metal, which piece of protective equipment would he likely be given to prevent sparks and debris from getting into his eyes?
3. Welding is a very common task performed in factories. When a person is welding, they are joining two pieces of metal together by producing a very bright arc of electricity between the two pieces. No one should ever look at this bright arc unless they are protected so their eyesight is not affected. Which item would you use to prevent this bright arc from damaging your eyes?
4. Sometimes just walking around inside a factory can be hazardous. There are people working above you who may drop their tools on your head. There are valves and handles all over the place, and believe me, they always seem to be right at eye level. There is a great piece of equipment that can be used to help protect the head from bumps, bruises and cuts if worn properly. What is it?
5. Pouring chemicals from one container to another is a very common job in factories. If one's not careful, chemicals may splash when being poured or mixed together. If this occurs, painful burns could result on the arms and body of the worker. Never fear, there is protective equipment available to prevent injury to the worker if selected and worn properly. What would you wear if assigned the job of pouring acid from a container to protect yourself?
6. Many components used in factories come in cardboard boxes which have to opened. One of the best ways to quickly open these boxes is with very sharp razor knives. Problem is, many workers try to work too quickly and they are in constant danger of cutting their hands with these super sharp knives. Which type glove do you think would be best to wear to prevent the hands from getting cut?
7. In some factories, large pools of water are used to wash large items, and some of these pools are very deep. There's always a danger of a person falling into the water. What item would best be used to help prevent a person from drowning in one of these industrial pools?
8. Working high off the ground is sometimes a requirement when working in factories. Falling from elevated surfaces could easily harm the worker, so safety equipment is installed to help prevent that from happening. What do you think would be the best way to protect a worker from falling to the ground and hurting himself?
9. If a worker is instructed to enter a highly hazardous environment, there is safety equipment available to him to prevent him from breathing in the dangerous fumes. What type equipment do you think would work best to prevent the worker from breathing in dangerous or toxic fumes?
10. Every day in the factory there are hazards to the toes and feet of workers which can be eliminated by wearing which type of footwear?
Source: Author ralzzz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.