Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. She was called 'the trance evangelist' and prophesied that San Francisco would be destroyed in 1890.
2. He claimed he was Elijah, and founded a city called Zion in 1900.
3. He made a missionary trip to Africa, but on the return boat trip in 1911, nine died for lack of food and water. He was charged with manslaughter and sentenced to 10 years in penitentiary.
4. She became involved with married evangelist Burroughs Waltrip, who subsequently left his wife and two children and married her.
5. In 1979 he was sentenced to a 12-year prison term for conspiring to (1) burn a state trooper's home (2) burn a creditors home and (3) mug a newspaperman who had exposed his drug arrests.
6. At his peak, he was raking in $80 million a year until ABC did an expose on him in 1991. He was the first preacher to combine saturation tv exposure and massive direct-mailings.
7. James Randi exposed this evangelist's use of electronic devices on the Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.
8. In 1987 he was photographed with a prostitute outside a New Orleans motel. He was caught again in 1991.
9. He says he was led out of a Jewish orphanage by two angels. He took over the Heritage USA properties after Jim Bakker was convicted.
10. He had a vision of a 900 foot tall Jesus in 1980.
Source: Author crannoch
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.