Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Found within Rome, the Vatican City is home to St. Peter's Basilica and which of these locations, part of the home of the Catholic Pope?
2. Holy in the Jewish, Christian, and Islamic faiths, what Middle Eastern city is home to the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, where Jesus of Nazareth is said to have been crucified?
3. Mecca is the endpoint for an Islamic pilgrimage that goes by what name?
4. There are many Indian cities with religious significance, but Varanasi is likely the holiest. It was considered to be the most favoured of what Hindu God?
5. The holiest site in the Bahá'í faith, the Shrine of Bahá'u'lláh, can be found in what region?
6. Teotihuacan and the pyramids of Mexico have been occupied by the Mayans and what other Mesoamerican civilization who revered the gods worshipped there?
7. The city of Denpasar, Indonesia, found on the island of Bali, is well known for its high population of followers of what faith?
8. The town of Lalibela, with its below-ground churches, is seen as a holy location in what nation's Christian orthodox religion?
9. In the 1840s, the land that would become Salt Lake City was used to establish which of these Christian denominations?
10. Translating to 'God's Land', what holy city was once the home of the Dalai Lama and contains Jokhang, the holiest temple, built to restrain the srin ma?
Source: Author kyleisalive
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.