Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The 2005 Braves featured a lot of new rookies. On May 21st, which rookie pitcher got his first big league win against the world champion Boston Red Sox?
2. Which two players represented the Braves in the 2005 All-Star game?
3. The Braves' bullpen struggled all season. One of the biggest problems was they could not find a solid closer. Which closer led the team in saves?
4. Many of the Braves had a great season. However, only one of these Braves walked away with a postseason award. Who was it?
5. On August 16th against the LA Dodgers, John Smoltz achieved a milestone in strikeouts. What number did he reach that night?
6. Julio Franco was getting up there in years, but he kept playing like a young man. What record did the Julio break in 2005?
7. Which Braves rookie went deep off of Roger Clemens in game two of the NLDS giving the Braves a lead and the eventual win?
8. Which Braves rookie was drafted in July of 2005, was called up in September 2005, and then made the postseason roster?
9. Jeff Francoeur was another rookie who made a big splash in Atlanta in 2005. Players around the league especially noticed his strong outfield arm as he finished second in the league in outfield assists. How many did he have?
10. The Braves had won their division for an unprecedented consecutive number of years. Including 2005, how many years in a row had the Braves won a division title?
Source: Author san13623
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Nightmare
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.