Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Can you identify the whale from the list?
2. What types of insects are named pipevine swallowtails, viceroys, juniper hairstreaks and monarchs?
3. Which of these animals can make a good guard "dog" if you don't have the real thing?
4. All birds in the family identified commonly as spoonbills eat what?
5. Butterflies have a long, tube-like tongue i.e. proboscis, that they use in order to eat. However, butterflies do not use their proboscis to taste. Which part of their body do they use for this purpose?
6. What usually black and white dog originally from Britain is known for its herding ability?
7. What do newly born rattlesnakes not have?
8. The name of which amphibian, found only in Lake Xochimilco in Mexico, comes from the Aztec word meaning "Water Monster"?
9. Chrysalis and tumbler are specific terms for which stage of development in the insect world?
10. What do you call a group of porcupines?
Source: Author FTBot
This quiz was reviewed by our editing team before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.