Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I moved in here when the theatre was first built. Lots of nice crumbs from the workmen's sandwiches tempted me. What year was that?
2. A little mouse has to be careful round here. If I'm not careful I could get trapped in a unique feature of the London Palladium stage. What is it?
3. No-one notices a little mouse hidden in the wings. I've seen them all you know, Judy Garland, Danny Kaye, Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole. I've even scuttled into their dressing rooms and had a few crumbs from their late night snacks. Taking over as General Manager in 1945, who was responsible for bringing the big American stars to the London Palladium?
4. I've nearly met Royalty several times. I've often been in the royal box, a mouse finds better class of crumbs in there you know. The first Royal Variety show at the London Palladium was in which year?
5. In 1970 my little mouse heart went all a-flutter when I heard that the London Palladium were trying to get which American king of entertainers to play his first ever overseas concerts there?
6. I was in danger of being a drowned mouse during one musical production. Which musical featured a famous dancing in the wet streets scene?
7. In 1914 the Palladium staged its first pantomime. This little mouse had to be very careful because the show was "Dick Whittington and his Cat". As opposed to nowadays what was different about the time of day the show was performed?
8. Sitting in my little mouse hole I have seen various theatre owners come and go.
In 2000 it was bought by Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber. What is the name of his theatre company?
9. For many the London Palladium will always by synonymous with the ATV television show "Sunday Night at the London Palladium". No-one ever spotted this little mouse on the stage during the finale. Bruce Forsyth became a massive star thanks to this show, but he was not the first compere. Who was?
10. This little mouse has lived under the London Palladium stage for a very long time now, but I almost died of shock recently. I was taking a nice nap on the scenery when I found myself up in the rafters. Why did this happen?
Source: Author Christinap
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LadyCaitriona
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.