Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. We all know that Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Israel. But where did Coptic Christianity originate?
2. Where is Shinto, a combination of ancestor worship and spirit worship, the indigenous religion?
3. Freddy Mercury of Queen was a Zoroastrian, and was born on the island of Zanzibar, off the coast of East Africa. But where did Zoroastrianism originate?
4. Prince Siddhartha Gautama founded the religion of Buddhism. But today Buddhists make up less than 1% of the people in the nation where the Buddha lived. What nation is that?
5. Although perhaps more a philosophy than a religion, Taoism (Daoism) is most followed where?
6. Although often dismissed as a serious religion, thanks to its treatment in many Hollywood films, Voodoo is most associated with which Western Hemisphere nation?
7. Mormonism, the religion of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, is based today in Utah. But in which U.S. state did this religion begin?
8. Zen Buddhism is most often associated with which nation?
9. Huitzilopochtli, god of war, fire, and the sun; Tlaloc the rain god; Itzli, god of sacrifice and stone knives; and Quetzalcoatl, creator god, were all worshiped by what people?
10. The old theory of Aryans invading the Indus Valley and bringing Hinduism with them are falling out of favor, and the origins of the religion now seem to be impossible to pinpoint. But sources still point to the Vedic tradition as the religion's core, this being four collections of books called the Vedas. What does the word "veda" mean in Sanskrit?
Source: Author shvdotr
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.