Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The 2022 edition of the UEFA European Women's Football Championship was originally scheduled to be held in the summer of 2021 but was postponed a year due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Which country hosted the tournament?
2. A total of 48 countries entered the Women's Euro 2022 competition, so a qualification process was needed to determine the top 15 (along with the host nation) to take part in the final tournament. Which country lost their final qualification play-off match, but were later awarded a lucky loser place in the tournament when Russia was banned from all UEFA competitions?
3. Six teams remained undefeated at the end of the group stages, but only five of them qualified for the knockout phase of the competition. Which of these countries dropped out of Euro 2022 after recording three draws?
4. Which country, whose men's team were the reigning European champions, were knocked out of Euro 2022 after finishing bottom of Group D?
5. The biggest winning margin in the Euro 2022 tournament was recorded in a Group A fixture when which team defeated Norway 8-0?
6. The quarter-final knockout stage saw Austria, Belgium, Netherlands and Spain exit the Euro 2022 competition. Only one of these teams scored a goal in their quarter-final match - which one?
7. The four teams that made it to the semi-finals of Euro 2022 were the four teams that had won their group in the first stage of the tournament. Which of the two matches produced the closest result, helped by the winning side conceding an own goal?
8. The Women's Euro 2022 competition culminated in a final contested by England and Germany. What was the result?
9. Euro 2022 saw the introduction of UEFA's Young Player of the Tournament award. Which German midfielder won it?
10. Which player was awarded the Euro 2022 top scorer award, having scored 6 goals and 5 assists, and selected as UEFA's Player of the Tournament?
Source: Author Fifiona81
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor 1nn1
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.