Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. On April 26th, 1895, New York state chartered the organization which would be responsible for the opening of the Bronx Zoo. What was the name of this organization?
2. Which naturalist and founder of the National Zoo in Washington D.C. had been selected to choose the site, layout, curators and keepers for the Bronx Zoo?
3. The Bronx Zoo is located at 2300 Southern Boulevard, Bronx Park, Bronx NY, 10460. What day did it open its gates for the first time?
4. On opening day, how many exhibits did the Bronx Zoo have?
5. One animal found at the zoo is named Leo. He was rescued following a landslide in Pakistan. What type of animal is Leo?
6. The Bronx Zoo has gone though many expansions and changed the entire scenery of the zoo to make it more natural. It is the largest metropolitan zoo comprising how many acres?
7. As well as the physical layout of the Bronx Zoo having undergone changes, the society which runs the zoo was renamed in 1993. What is this new name for the society which currently runs the zoo?
8. What major exhibit opened at the Bronx Zoo in 2008, and is located inside of the original Lion House?
9. What is the name of the tiger exhibit which opened at the Bronx Zoo in 2003?
10. In one area of the park you can ride the monorail. This is a two mile long ride which gives visitors an overhead view of various animals while it makes a large loop and crosses over the Bronx River twice. What is the name of this part of the park, which opened in 1977?
11. The Bronx Zoo has a shuttle which visitors can ride and has stops near most entrances, including Wild Asia. Are any of these stops near the bison?
12. Near the Children's Zoo and parking lot C is one of two locations to board the Skyfari. Which of the following areas in the park is nearest to the other location visitors can board the Skyfari?
13. Is the picnic area near the brown bears?
14. What University, located near the Bronx Zoo, has recently begun offering a Master of Science degree in co-operation with the Bronx Zoo?
15. For eleven winter holiday seasons the Bronx Zoo had been transformed into a nighttime extravaganza called "Holiday Lights". Which of the following things could you have done at this time of year at the Bronx Zoo that you couldn't have seen or done during any other season?
Source: Author BxBarracuda
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor trident
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.