Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. With more than 60 different animals, the San Diego Zoo is one of the most popular zoos in the United States. In 1936, an animal called "Puddles" arrived at the zoo, becoming the first of its kind to be exhibited in a West Coast zoo. Which kind of animal, originally from sub-Saharan Africa and known for releasing "blood sweat", is this?
2. The Dallas Zoo is another great zoo in the U.S. It offers several interesting exhibits, such as the "Giants of the Savanna" habitat that houses impalas, zebras, and cheetahs, among other animals. Before entering the zoo, there is a bronze statue which is actually one of the largest in the whole state of Texas! Which animal, known for being incredibly tall and having a very long neck, does the statue show?
3. The Brookfield Zoo shows many animals such as bears, wolves, dolphins, anteaters and monkeys. Just outside which "windy city" is the Brookfield Zoo located?
4. Panda bears are among the most popular animals in zoos, as they seem friendly and cute. Even though most of these bamboo-eating creatures are purely black and white, the Houston Zoo hosts another type of panda, that was actually found before the black and white animals we now identify as pandas. Which color does this animal, scientifically known as Ailurus fulgens, have?
5. The Omaha Zoo and Aquarium opened in 1894, and is recognized today as one of the best zoos in the world. The zoo showcases butterflies, orangutans, and its own aviary. Whose name did the zoo take in 1963, after the wife of this chairman of the World Publishing Company made a donation?
6. The Columbus Zoo has more than 600 species of animals to showcase, in several regions. One of them is called "Congo Expedition", in which a mammal who is partially striped, but mostly brown, resides. These animals have a very developed hearing sense, and are the only living animals related to giraffes. Which animal is this?
7. The Memphis Zoo is a rather complete zoo, since it offers more than 3,500 animals, with many interesting exhibits. One of these exhibits is "Cat Country", which hosts several cat and feline species. Even though all of these animals can be found at the Memphis Zoo, which of them are identified by species such as Bengal and Sumatran?
8. At Cincinnati Zoo, you can find a wide variety of animals of all kinds, as well as thousands of species of plants. Among their numerous exhibits, there is "________ Springs", which bears the name of a large, aquatic animal who lives underwater but is endangered as its oil and bones are used in several products. Which animal completes the name of the exhibit at Cincinnati Zoo?
9. The Saint Louis Zoo is a very big zoo, in which more than 6,000 animals live. The zoo is divided in various zones, each with a unique variety of animals. Which of these animals would you NOT find if visiting the "Red Rocks" section of the zoo?
10. The city of Toledo, Ohio is home to the Toledo Zoo, ranked by readers of "USA Today" as the best zoo in the United States. The zoo is home to several animals of all kinds, including many amphibians. Out of these animals at the Toledo Zoo, which isn't an amphibian?
Source: Author Lpez
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor guitargoddess
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.