Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The elephant in the picture is the smaller of two elephant species. On which continent will you find it in the wild?
2. The giant panda, beloved all over the world, is considered a "National Treasure" in which country?
3. The giraffe is the tallest land animal. Approximately how tall is it at maturity?
4. Which species of rhinoceros has the heaviest specimens?
5. Which species of tiger was extinct at the start of the 21st century?
6. What is the generic name for this ugly carrion-eating bird?
7. The zebra is an equid, a member of the horse family. About how fast can a zebra run?
8. The common hippopotamus lives in lakes and rivers in the central part of Africa. About how long is the average hippo?
9. What does the name "orangutan" mean?
10. The okapi is a relative of which animal?
Source: Author lowtechmaster
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.