Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. All six subspecies of this striped cat are considered endangered. What is this animal that has been responsible for more human deaths by direct attack than any other wild mammal?
2. This threatened reptile is found on several islands in Indonesia and dominates the areas in which it lives. Up to ten feet long and weighing up to 150 pounds, what is this carnivore?
3. This predator is similar to but smaller than a jaguar. It is considered "near threatened" because of habitat loss and illegal hunting. Can you spot this beautiful cat that is an expert at climbing trees?
4. This predator has over 560 species, only four of which have been involved in a significant number of fatal attacks on humans. Among the species not so involved are nurse, basking, and mako. What is this underwater menace?
5. This voracious predator is a very large reptile. It has some 14 species, all of which live in tropical or semi-tropical habitats, are carnivorous, and are semi-aquatic. A few species seem to enjoy dining on humans, particularly along the Nile River. What beast is this?
6. This animal lives generally in India, Sri Lanka, and Nepal. It is usually not thought of as a killer and eater of humans because its normal diet consists primarily of fruits, ants, termites, and beetles. It will eat carrion if other food is short. Weighing between 150 and 400 pounds, and 4.6-6.2 feet long with almost completely black fur, what is this creature?
7. This large feline predator is a bold hunter of humans both during the day and at night. All were born free. What animal is this?
8. This animal has eight species, including one called "sloth." Several other species are also dangerous to humans. What ursine creature is this?
9. No individual one of this flesh-eating fish, found in such rivers in South America as the Amazon, could possibly kill or eat a human. But a school of them can easily do so. What is this creature with sharp teeth, powerful jaws, and an insatiable appetite for meat?
10. This creature is a large predatory beast living in the waters in the eastern Pacific Ocean from Tierra del Fuego to California, and is spreading into waters off Oregon, Washington, British Columbia, and Alaska. What is this carnivorous invertebrate that primarily eats small fish, cephalopods, and crustaceans?
Source: Author lowtechmaster
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor guitargoddess
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.