Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What was the name of the first mammal, a sheep, to be born from cloning?
2. A stray dog found wandering the streets of Moscow became the first canine in space. What was the name of this space pioneer?
3. A black and white Siberian husky led his team on the final leg of the 1925 serum run to Nome, bringing life-saving diphtheria antitoxin from Anchorage. What was his name?
4. The Roman Emperor Caligula may have wanted his favorite horse to become a Roman Senator or Consul. What was his horse's name?
5. In World War I, a homing pigeon flew twelve important missions over several months in 1918. On her last mission, she delivered a message that saved over 200 men. What was her name?
6. After George Adamson was forced to kill a lioness attacking him, he and his wife, Joy, took in and raised a lion cub as a domestic pet. Joy gradually introduced her to a life in the wild and the lioness was set free. What was the name of this famous lioness?
7. Cats are reputed to have nine lives. One cat survived three shipwrecks in World War II. What was his name?
8. During World War I, Sergeant Stubby was an animal that accompanied American forces in France and served with distinction. What type of animal was Sergeant Stubby?
9. What was the name of Alexander the Great's favorite horse?
10. A chimpanzee was the first hominid sent into space. He was part of America's Mercury space program. What was his name?
Source: Author lowtechmaster
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.