Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Living on every continent except Antarctica, these colonizing insects might be kept in farms, and are sometimes uninvited guests at picnics. What insect is it?
2. These animals are closely related to humans, and they're practically family to Tarzan. Unlike monkeys, they do not have a tail. What animal is it?
3. This is a venomous snake, commonly believed to be used by Cleopatra to end her life. What animal is it?
4. While this could refer to a long feathery scarf worn around the neck, this animal is a non-venomous constrictor snake. What animal is it?
5. Worshiped in ancient Egypt, these animals are a common house pet. Some work to eliminate rodents. According to superstition, a black one crossing your path is bad luck. What animal is it?
6. This 3-letter word can be used to refer to a mature adult female of several different types of animals, but is usually used for cattle, especially dairy cattle. In nursery rhymes, they jump over the moon or wander into corn. What animal is this?
7. You don't have to be familiar with "The Sound of Music" to know that this animal is "a deer, a female deer". What animal is it?
8. This canine animal is often considered "man's best friend". What animal is it?
9. This 3-letter word can refer to two related, but different animals. In Eurasia, it's what people call a moose in North America. In North America and eastern Asia, this "benevolent and protective" animal is also an antlered animal, smaller than a moose but larger than a deer. What animal is it?
10. Similar to an ostrich, this is a large flightless bird native to Australia. What animal is it?
11. Roald Dahl thought these animals were fantastic. Others think that they are quick, brown, and jump over lazy dogs. However, most of them are red, or at least reddish-orange. What animal is this?
12. It's not news to computer programmers that a wildebeest is not Unix. But what animal's name is an alternate name for a wildebeest?
13. If you search your computer's memory, you'll find that this word is used for a male goat or sheep, including ones with big horns. What animal is it?
14. Non-scientifically speaking, these animals are similar to mice, only much bigger. What rodent is this?
15. Don't talk back! This is a large ox-like creature with long, thick hair. It is found in the Himalayas, Tibet, Mongolia, and even parts of Russia. What animal is it?
Source: Author jcpetersen
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.