Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. For starters, aloha! Hawaii is where our first 3-letter animal name comes from. What is another name for yellowfin tuna?
2. Just ask Bruce Wayne: these flying mammals may use echolocation, but they are not truly blind. What animal is it?
3. Sherlock Holmes isn't the only one who can deduce that this flying insect keeps busy playing a crucial role in farming as a pollinator. Some species are well known for producing honey. What insect is it?
4. Initially, you might pay first with cash on delivery if you order this fish as a meal. It has a white, flaky meat that is great for frying, making it a popular component in fish & chips and fried fish sandwiches. And its liver makes an oil rich in vitamins and nutrients. What animal is this?
5. This animal is an elongated fish that swims by moving its body in a wave like motion. In one juvenile phase, it is called an elver. Shockingly, the electric version is really a knifefish. What animal is it?
6. Unsurprisingly, this is a flying insect, with a single pair of wings. It has been the title subject of a 1958 film and its 1986 remake, both of which involved a scientist and an unfortunate teleportation experiment with disastrous results. What animal is this?
7. This fish is a domesticated carp bred for its decorations and color. They are ornamental fish usually kept in ponds. What animal is it?
8. This animal is a rather noisy and colorful bird related to crows. The most famous ones are blue, and in 1977 they started playing baseball in Toronto. What bird is this?
9. This wise bird is a stealthy nocturnal hunter. It cannot move its eyes, but can rotate its head as much as 270 degrees to see. According to a famous television commercial, it can eat Tootsie Roll pops. What animal is this?
10. This is a flat-bodied marine fish that "flies" through the water. Some have barbed tails, like the one that attacked and killed Australian conservationist and wildlife expert Steve Irwin in 2006. What animal is this?
Source: Author jcpetersen
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Tizzabelle
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.