Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Alectoris rufa - a native of south-western Europe that was deliberately introduced to Britain as a game bird.
2. Caloperdix oculea - a rare partridge from south-east Asia that has an iron or rust-coloured red breast.
3. Bambusicola fytchii - a partridge that has the same favourite food as the giant panda.
4. Melanoperdix nigra - while the male of this species has plumage reflecting its name, the female is generally brown in colour.
5. Lerwa lerwa - a partridge that inhabits grassy slopes in high mountainous areas of the Himalayas
6. Rollulus roulroul - a predominantly green partridge, the male of which also sports flamboyant red head feathers.
7. Arborophila gingica - also called the collared partridge, this bird has distinctive markings on its upper chest.
8. Arborophila rufipectus - this Chinese partridge is not commonly served up in a spicy sauce.
9. Ammoperdix heyi - the predominantly pale brown plumage of this bird is ideal camouflage in a desert environment.
10. Perdix perdix - common game bird of Europe and the US, with a distinctive orange face that provides a contrast to the rest of its somewhat dull plumage.
Source: Author Fifiona81
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.