Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The hairy frog, Trichobatrachus robustus, might have taken lessons from one of the X-Men. What odd technique do they employ when threatened?
2. What type of creature will self-destruct by exploding if it finds itself in a losing situation?
3. An endangered species, Cantor's giant softshell turtle lives an unusual life. How does it spend 95% of its time?
4. Meerkats are both predators and prey. As predators, how can they eat stinging scorpions and toxic millipedes?
5. Employing a useful technique for both defence and hunting, what small crustacean is capable of breaking a glass container?
6. Some birds migrate, while others stay and fend for themselves in the cold. What mechanism allows the black-capped chickadee to survive the winter?
7. Antarctica is the harshest environment on earth. How does the male Emperor penguin assist in the development of healthy offspring?
8. Even predators are vulnerable when they are young. How do cheetah cubs survive while their mother is out hunting?
9. Whales migrate through the oceans, sometimes from the Equator to either Pole. What is one of the principal factors enabling them to make these long journeys?
10. Cuttlefish have a fascinating arsenal of survival and hunting techniques. How does a small male cuttlefish outsmart a strong rival at mating time?
Source: Author windrush
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.