Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which sneaky bird lays its eggs in another bird's nest and leaves its young to be raised by different species of birds?
2. Which sea creature engages in four stages of courtship that end with the male carrying the eggs until they hatch?
3. When considering trading child-rearing duties, what does "SAHD" stand for?
4. The brilliant thighed poison arrow frog makes a great dad. He nurtures his young tadpoles who must stay wet at all times. What does he do if the pond begins to dry up to make sure that this happens?
5. The male plainfin midshipman, sometimes known as the "toadfish", is another fish dad who trades child-rearing roles with the female. What threat does this introduce for him?
6. We have all heard about male emperor penguins holding their eggs on their feet to keep them off of the frozen ground until they hatch. How long do they hold their eggs this way?
7. Another fish dad that carries the fertilized eggs in a pouch is the broad-nosed pipefish. Where is one place that this fish found?
8. Emu dads take on child-rearing duties once the eggs are laid. How long does he stick with the Emu chicks after they hatch?
9. Which South American primate male is active in child-rearing?
10. The jacana is a water bird of the Americas. The male takes part in which of the following child-rearing duties?
Source: Author Trivia_Fan54
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor rossian
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.