Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The Count is usually very sanguine in his approach to life, but this morning he is feeling just a little out of sorts. Like many people he must have his coffee to start the day. His maid Cruora brings the silver tray exactly at 7 o'clock. She pours the fragrant brew and he takes a sip. It is not sweet at all and he splutters. His maid has forgotten to add a teaspoon of what?
2. The poor maid is stricken and apologises profusely. The Count cannot stay angry with her for too long and glances at the time. He must hurry. The hunt starts at ten o'clock. He needs to wash and dress. He sends Cruora for soap and towels and tells her he is now ready for his what?
3. The Count greets his wife and kisses her cheek as she sits in the conservatory. She tells him she has a busy day planned as well. She wants to see a new film called "Crimson Tide" as it has had rave reviews. Of course the servants must be paid as well, and she needs cash for a shopping spree. After lunch she will have to go to where?
4. The Count's young son hurries to kiss his parents goodbye and looks nervous. The Count dimly remembers that this is examination week and wishes the lad luck. His mother hugs him and tells him not to worry. After all it is just one little what?
5. After his wife and son depart to start their busy day, the Count gazes out of the window at the babbling brook that flows next to the house. The light sparkles on the surface of the water and a small fish splashes. This is his favourite part of the estate. He loves this what?
6. All the Count's neighbours arrive shortly after ten o'clock, and they ride to the edge of his property to where the small brook joins a wider river. They tether the horses and prepare to cross to the island for their sport. They will need to cross the river somehow so they all climb into a what?
7. Hunting is hard work, especially when there is nothing to hunt and the entire morning is a fruitless chase. The Count and the others collapse in the shade of a tree and reach for their drink bottles. They are all so very sweaty and naturally the Count is what?
8. As they gather for lunch, the Count and his friends discuss the purchase of a new dog for one of the Count's neighbours. A spaniel of some sort seems to be a popular choice, but the Count vows that there is really only one breed of dog. Of course this is obvious to anyone who has managed to survive this long through the quiz. The Count's favourite breed will always be a what?
9. After a hearty lunch and many tall stories, the unlucky hunters begin to take their leave. The Count values his friends dearly and they are already planning their next week's outing. He waves them farewell. They are strong and loyal friends who together form a very tight little what?
10. Hunting is a messy occupation and the Count has a pair of very muddy riding boots and several guns that need cleaning. Just as he is surveying the disorder and realising that his yardman has the afternoon off, his wife returns home. She takes one look at the pile of guns and boots and orders him to take the whole lot to the what?
Source: Author Nannanut
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.