Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Guns blazed across their bows. The young sailor grabbed the flags and began to send desperate semaphore messages from the stricken vessel. The captain searched a chart of the area to see if he could mark the deeper channel. A huge shudder jarred the ship - a torpedo had struck.
2. As she hurried along the corridor to her class room, Jennifer was scared. Another member of the faculty brutally murdered! If some of the students had formed a group performing these rituals and sacrifices they were all in danger. She froze. Lying on her desk was a small doll - spattered in blood.
3. The tidal wave had engulfed the entire eastern coastal area of the continent. Survivors straggled to the mountainous regions and fights had erupted everywhere over shelter and food. Dan had packed some rations and kept away from the other groups. He would stay here tonight. The small can of beans would have to suffice. It began to rain heavily.
4. His partner was dead. A single bullet. He kept turning the scene over and over in his head but none of it made any sense. As these thoughts tumbled in his mind he reached the top of the cliff. He took the lid off the silver container of ashes and solemnly threw the contents out into the waiting sea. "Goodbye dear friend - I'll get the answers - for both our sakes."
5. Suzanne scrambled on board the tiny life raft. There were still so many people in the water. The older English woman took control. She grabbed one of the long poles and slipped the wooden blade into the water. She motioned for Suzanne to do the same on her side. They started rowing. Just as the small boat began to move there was an awful sound. They all looked across as the bow of the ocean liner slid into the inky black waters.
6. This was the third night they had spent in the desert cave. She was practical. Hector would not be recovering from his wounds if they had to stay another day. Quietly she reached to pull the rough blanket over the length of his injured body as he slept fitfully. Tomorrow she would search in the wreckage again for the other flare.
7. Well the recipients of his letters would have a rude shock when they saw what he had sent. Extortion and blackmail for each and every member of the board. He looked again at the statistics. The circular chart showing the proportion of dividends for each major shareholder did not lie. He had checked the figures independently. He smiled again. Inside each envelope he had placed a silver bullet.
8. Cinderella read the paragraph again. They were all invited to the ball! It was not just for her two sisters as her stepmother had insisted. Her initial excitement turned to disappointment. She would never be allowed to go. Sadly she reached for the frayed scrap of material and began to polish the floorboards.
9. Joel was freezing. He had no choice but to wait for the next drug delivery but he was worried for Erin. She was being held by the gang members to make sure he received the drop without incident. He did not think he could exist without her. No mistakes now. He had to pull this off. Below on the dock a light flared.
10. There had been multiple attempts to hobble the horse and Jamie had been given the job of staying with Roneman at all times. It was an easy job really and he liked the attention. He tilted the food container forward and shook some more oats into the trough. As Roneman ate, Jamie propped himself against wooden post and got comfortable. Just then he heard soft footsteps heading towards the stall and a strong flashlight shone directly into his eyes.
Source: Author Nannanut
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor crisw
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.