Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Religion: Which of these religious set of artifacts, found in caves next to one of the saltiest bodies of water in the Middle East, contains preserved Hebrew writings significant to Judaism and Christianity?
2. History: Which country first used pepper as an ancient medicinal relief for stomach pain and gas?
3. Geography: This body of water is eighteen times saltier than the ocean. Which body of water in Antarctica is so salty it almost never freezes, in conditions that get to 40 degrees below zero?
4. Art: Beverly Pepper is an American sculptor known for her monuments and land art. Which one of these contemporary artworks was an 18 ft tall carbon steel land art installation Beverly Pepper made in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, named after an Egyptian queen?
5. Music: Salt-N-Pepa is an American hip-hop group formed in 1985. In which metropolitan city, also known as "the Big Apple", was the music group Salt-N-Pepa formed?
6. Humanities: In old Japanese theaters why did they sprinkle salt on the stage before the actors performed?
7. Science: Peppers contain capsaicin which gives the burning sensation in people's mouth. A glass of milk can sometimes be recommended to relieve the pain. What protein does milk contain that easily binds with the capsaicin in hot peppers to give a cooling relief?
8. Movies: Superheroes are not the same without their ladies. In the Marvel Universe movies, after faithfully working as an assistant, which superhero and billionaire does Miss Virginia "Pepper" Potts marry?
9. Sports: Johnny Leonard Roosevelt "Pepper" Martin was a professional American baseball player. For which Major League Baseball team did he play as a third baseman and outfielder during the 1930s and 1940s?
10. Children: Which children's show, featuring a blue dog, had a salt and pepper shaker family as friends?
Source: Author exceller
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.