Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What was the name of the famous 5th century BC Athenian historian and general who charted the history of the Peloponnesian War?
2. Which smelly chemical, used in fertilisers, is produced by using an artificial nitrogen fixation process that is known as the Haber Process?
3. Which of these teams is a British professional ice hockey team which became part of a new elite league in 2003?
4. In which year did King Richard III of England lose his life at the Battle of Bosworth Field?
5. In which part of the world is there a major fracture in the Earth's crust known as the San Andreas Fault?
6. The day-to-day lives of a group of workers was the theme for a popular US TV comedy show which ran from 2005 to 2013. Jim Halpert pretended to be a client called Bill Buttlicker in an episode of which show?
7. What is the name of the lifeboat, now mostly on display in Dulwich College, that Ernest Shackleton used to escape from his ice-bound ship Endurance in 1916?
8. In which of these sports can a team gain five points for scoring a try?
9. Which general is accredited with contributing to the reunification of Italy between the years 1848 and 1861? He also had a biscuit named after him.
10. In which 2004 historical war film did Brad Pitt play Achilles, Eric Bana play Hector and Diane Kruger play Helen?
Source: Author Kenners158
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.