Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The unique geography of Michigan is captured in its motto, which is "If you seek a pleasant___, look about you". What word goes in the blank?
2. Which Native American chief led a rebellion against the British military occupation of present-day Michigan following the British victory in the 18th-century French and Indian War?
3. The Michigan Territory qualified for statehood in 1835, but was not admitted to the United States as a state until 1837. What was the cause of this delay?
4. Which Michigan town is nicknamed the "Furniture City" because of its large furniture industry?
5. Which Academy Award-winning movie was set in Michigan's Upper Peninsula?
6. Which fruit does Michigan produce more of than any other state?
7. Greenfield Village, located in Dearborn, Michigan, celebrates the career of which famous Michigan entrepreneur?
8. Which well-known Michigan Senator gave a famous speech in 1945 announcing his switch from isolationism to internationalism, and later cooperated on a bipartisan basis with the Truman Administration, following his philosophy that "politics stops at the water's edge"?
9. Grand Rapids is home to a museum commemorating the life of which famous Michigan son and U.S. president?
10. Which Michigan town is home to a football stadium known as "The Big House"?
Source: Author chessart
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Pagiedamon
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.