Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. On what date did the Revolutionary War officially end?
2. Who was the first president of the United States of America?
3. Where was the Second Continental Congress held? (This was the meeting during which the Declaration of Independence was ratified).
4. Which of the following was not included in the original U.S. Constitution?
5. What is the official language of the USA?
6. What day of the year is known as Black Thursday, because on this date the first sign of the end of the bull market came?
7. Who was president of the USA when the the Vietnam War ended, upon the fall of Saigon?
8. Which NASA mission first landed men on the moon?
9. In which year was the Cuban Missile Crisis?
10. What state was the first to enter the union, i.e. was the first to ratify the United States Constitution?
11. Who was first to sign the Declaration of Independence?
12. Who did Abraham Lincoln defeat in the 1860 presidential election?
13. The Spanish-American War resulted in the USA gaining three territories from Spain. Which of these did the United States NOT acquire?
14. Henry Ford introduced his Model T in 1908 but his assembly line production is widely regarded as his biggest contribution to manufacturing industry. What was remarkable about it?
15. On what date did the Japanese bomb Pearl Harbor?
16. Who was the first female Supreme Court Justice?
17. In what year did Columbus first sail across the Atlantic?
18. Which state was first to elect a woman to Congress?
19. What was the name of Benjamin Franklin's magazine?
20. Where was the first successful settlement by Englishmen in the United States?
Source: Author susanlyn
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bloomsby
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.