Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Insalata caprese is a relatively simple Italian salad. Insalata is the Italian word for salad, but what does the word "caprese" mean?
2. Greek salad is typically made with tomatoes, cucumber, olives and a Greek cheese. Which Greek cheese is used?
3. Salad Olivier originally contained caviar and grouse. Of which cuisine is this salad a typical dish?
4. Which well-known salad contains apple, celery and mayonnaise?
5. Which salad consists in the purest form of tomatoes, olives and anchovies (or tuna), dressed with olive oil? Adding hard-boiled eggs is common, but adding potatoes and green beans is controversial.
6. Coleslaw is made from shredded cabbage. What similarly sliced vegetable is frequently added in commercial coleslaw?
7. Which food once praised as food of mythical deities has given its name to a fruit salad?
8. A very popular salad in Belgium is tomates crevettes - tomatoes filled with something named crevettes. But what is this filling?
9. Which salad (a specialty of a single restaurant) was named after a French impressionist painter?
10. Which of these dishes traditionally contains four different types of lettuce greens, tomatoes, avocado, bacon, chicken breast and cheese?
Source: Author JanIQ
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.