Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Literary divisions are not always exact, but we draw them because they are often convenient. The majority of English literary periods are named after:
2. Which period of literature came first?
3. In what language did Shakespeare write?
4. Jane Austen wrote during this period.
5. Which work was published first?
6. Which of the following works was written before the all-important Battle of Hastings?
7. Who wrote first?
8. Which work was completed last?
9. One of these men did NOT write during the Restoration period. Who?
10. The Bronte sisters wrote during this period.
11. Which of the following poets wrote during the Victorian period but was not published until the 20th century?
12. This work was NOT originally published in the 20th Century.
13. Which poet did NOT write during the 16th century?
14. Historical events often influence literature. Which of the following did NOT occur during the Restoration period?
15. He was not a Renaissance writer.
16. Which of the following literary sub-periods does NOT fall under the Neoclassical Period?
17. Which of the following periods of English literature came last?
18. This work was written before the other three choices.
19. Which of the following writers would be an appropriate subject for a class on "The Literature of the British Empire"?
20. World War I affected the writing of many authors. Which of the following poets would not have been touched by that event?
Source: Author skylarb
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bullymom
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.