Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. We open on some reporters covering a competition with great excitement. A radio announcer is giving a play-by-play. And as the camera pulls back we get the first joke. What activity are these excited reporters covering?
2. The competition in the home of Mrs. Smith (Fern Emmett), whose husband, Al (Al St. John), sits forlornly in the kitchen eating his dinner of sardines on crackers. When a reporter starts asking him about the activity, Al starts tearing at his hair and complaining that he wants proper food and a clean sink. Then he's startled by a loud sound. What is it?
3. Upon being told the meaning of the loud noise he'd just heard, Al rushes into the living room. There, the radio announcer, who has been covering the competition, announces that because of a tie score, the competition will continue for three more months. What does Al do?
4. In the next scene, Al finally has some peace and quiet in his own home. He sits, reading his newspaper, while light music plays on the radio. His wife sits at her knitting. Then she switches the radio station so she can listen to a live broadcast of the competition, which is continuing elsewhere without her. What is Al's first response?
5. After Al and his wife switch the stations back and forth, Al accidentally rips the knob off the radio and can't switch the station back to light music. He tries smashing the radio with a fireplace poker. He tries throwing the radio on the floor. And the play-by-play of the competition continues to broadcast. Al picks up the radio and hurls it right through something. What?
6. The radio proves to be indestructible, and continues to broadcast the offending competition. Al dives out of the house after it. He gets a spade and starts digging a hole, laughing maniacally. When his wife rushes outside to try to calm him down, what does he do?
7. Why does Al's wife call the police?
8. The police arrive and go inside as Al puts the finishing touches on the radio's grave. What reassurance do the policemen offer to the weeping Mrs. Smith?
9. Al comes into the kitchen to wash up after burying the radio. But he'd dropped it into the hole right on top of the pipes for the house. As soon as he turns on the water, he can hear the broadcast of the competition, through the kitchen spigot. In a hysterical fury, Al rips the tap off the wall, then runs into the living room. What does he find there?
10. Unable to take anymore, Al tears off down the street. He stops at an open manhole and asks the sewer worker for directions. Where does Al want to go?
Source: Author ubermom
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.