Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. The first Razzies were handed out in 1981, for the cinematic failures that premiered in 1980. Who was the actress who won the first Golden Raspberry for her role as Emmeline, a young girl stranded on an uninhabited island with her young cousin?
2. The competition (if we may name it that way) for Worst Picture of 1984 was quite impressive, it seems. The following movies all were nominated for the title of Worst Picture, and for four to seven other categories (at a time when there were only ten categories). Which movie, created by the married couple John and Bo Derek, was awarded the title of Worst Picture of 1984?
3. The Razzie ceremony of 1985 had a novelty. It declared, for the first time, a female Worst Supporting Actor. Which actress won the Worst Supporting Actor Razzie for the movie "Sahara" (1984)?
4. There are four Oscars for acting achievements: male and female; in leading or supporting roles. Likewise for the Razzies, but the Razzie for Worst Supporting Actress occasionally goes to an actor in drag. Who was the first male Worst Supporting Actress, winning the Razzie for his drag appearance on "Haunted Honeymoon" (1986)?
5. The Golden Raspberry for Worst Screenplay has had far more recipients than any other category. This astonishing fact is due to the movie that won the Razzie for 1994, on which no less than 32 writers drafted part of the script. Which live action movie, based upon a television cartoon series where the story is situated in the fictional town of Bedrock, won the Razzie for Worst Screenplay?
6. Sequels tend to get more Razzies than other movies. So do action movies (not based on true events) and absurd comedies. And (not X-rated) nudity improves the probability of a Razzie. Combining these factors, you should be able to guess who won in 2000 the Razzie for Worst Actor of the Century. Who was he?
7. One would expect the nominations for Worst Director to go to those directors known for empty-headed amusement, but even some of the best directors have been nominated as Worst Director. Who was nominated for at least five movies, including "The Bonfire of the Vanities" (1990) and "Mission to Mars" (2000)?
8. Not only fiction movies can win Golden Raspberries, documentaries can too. "Fahrenheit 9/11" won the Golden Razzie for Worst Leading Actor, Worst Supporting Actor, Worst Supporting Actress and Worst Screen Couple. Which future US Secretary of State won the Razzie for Worst Screen Couple (together with the Worst Leading Actor)?
9. The Razzies have occasionally been handed out for special categories. For instance, the 2007 special category was Worst Excuse for a Horror Movie. Which movie, starring Lyndsay Lohan, won this special category as well as six other Razzies?
10. Only a small number of winners collect their Razzies in person. At the ceremony held in 2010, the Worst Actress of 2009 did collect her Razzie in person. Her gratification speech was hilarious - you can check it out on Youtube. Who was this actress who thanked the audience for crowning her the Worst Actress?
Source: Author JanIQ
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.