Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. He may have survived the sinking of the Titanic, but Jack Dawson lost his life in the freezing water of the North Atlantic. Which actor, in arguably his most memorable role, played Jack in "Titanic" (1997)?
2. Which 1975 thriller, known for its theme music and ability to scare people out of entering the water, featured a boat-eating shark?
3. Which 1981 Wolfgang Peterson war movie, adapted from a Lothar-Günther Buchheim novel, features a German U-boat that attacks several British ships only to sink when it reaches a safe dock?
4. In the 1978 movie "Gray Lady Down", a surfaced submarine is struck in heavy fog by a freighter. The submarine, "Neptune", sinks and a rescue is launched. Which of these experimental submersibles is finally sent to rescue the crew?
5. Davy Jones and the Flying Dutchman were the scourge of the seas In "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest". Who lost his life and his ship when Jones released the Kraken in this 2006 movie?
6. The 1958 movie "Run Silent, Run Deep", starring Clark Gable and Burt Lancaster, sees submarine Commander Richardson replaced by Lieutenant Jim Bledsoe. How did Richardson leave the vessel?
7. Which 2000 disaster movie, starring George Clooney and Mark Wahlberg, was based on a Sebastian Junger book about the Andrea Gail?
8. Which 1960, black and white World War II film, starring Kenneth More and Dana Wynter, was adapted from a C. S. Forester novel?
9. Which 1956 John Huston film adaptation of a Herman Melville classic tale starred Gregory Peck and Richard Baseheart?
10. Maureen McGovern had a hit when she released the theme song "The Morning After" in 1973. Which 1972 blockbuster adventure, starring Gene Hackman and Ernest Borgnine, featured this haunting song?
Source: Author leith90
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.