Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. We begin with two moonshiners revealing the entrance to their secret lair, "which was all the director's idea," according to the inter-title. Just step on a stone and the brush-covered trap door opens. Jud, the head moonshiner, lives in a shack and shoots at revenuers. Fatty, the head revenuer, arrives, with his lieutenant, Buster. Buster gives Fatty a snappy salute, then opens the car door. What comes out?
2. Buster joins Fatty atop a rocky dome, which he of course falls from. Fatty tumbles as Buster scrambles to safety, then Buster falls again as he tries to rescue Fatty. The scene ends at the bottom of the hill, with Buster buried in the dirt and Fatty minus his pants. How does Buster get rescued from his premature burial?
3. After his stint underground, Buster is filthy, so Fatty takes him the the creek and gives him a good scrubbing. How does Buster dry off?
4. Now we meet Alice, the chief moonshiner's daughter. Al St. John is another moonshiner, in love with Alice. And no, your eyes aren't playing tricks on you. There really is something bizarre about how Al makes his entrance. What's so odd?
5. Alice, in her bare feet and burlap dress, settles into a hammock to read "Vogue" magazine. Al primps grotesquely and struts up to greet her. What does he do to her?
6. Al and Alice brawl, with Alice getting the upper hand pretty quickly, and Al running off to a place of comparative safety. Alice's father comes along and scolds Alice. "Calm down, my child," he tells her. "Wait until you're married to start hitting him." Alice insists that she'll never marry "that big gorilla!" Jud gives his disobedient daughter a beating. Along comes Fatty. Who does he toss in the creek?
7. Like most leading ladies in Arbuckle films, Alice falls head over heels for Fatty. Her father is bewildered. How in the world did his daughter instantly fall in love with Fatty? According to the inter-title, what answer does he get?
8. Buster spots the secret entrance to the moonshiner's still. He and Fatty go in and taste the wares. They're interrupted when the moonshiners come rushing in. Buster escapes, but Fatty is taken prisoner. What does Buster do as he sees his boss hauled off by moonshiners?
9. Buster winds up face to face with Al, who is progressing rapidly from plain old creepy to downright animalistic. Buster, imitating Al, seems to transform into what kind of animal?
10. Buster finally gets rid of Al by trapping him in a pit. Meanwhile, the moonshiners take Fatty to Jud's shack and lock him up in the cellar. What's surprising about Jud's cellar?
11. Alice comes to the cellar to bring Fatty his dinner. What else does she give him?
12. Fatty has to think of a plan of escape. Looking around, he finds inspiration. How does he escape?
13. Buster and Fatty are reunited after Fatty's escape. "Where are all the extras in this scene?" Fatty asks. "They took a lunch break," Buster replies. "I'll go get them." But Fatty stops him. They'll do the next scene without the extras. But before they can get to work, Al appears. Who do the moonshiners capture?
14. Having captured a revenuer and tied up their prisoner, the moonshiners light the fuse on a can of gunpowder and run for cover. But it's a comedy! Our hero can't be killed! What form does rescue take this time?
15. After all the ruckus, the heroes are safe, and the moonshiners are disposed of. There's only one thing left to get closure on: Who gets the girl?
Source: Author ubermom
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor jmorrow
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.