Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What was written in the "Times" about Gilbert (after the first performance of "Princess Ida") that made him so upset?
2. Which of these real actors for the Savoy theater did not appear as a character in the movie?
3. Which role in "H.M.S Pinafore" did Richard Temple play?
4. At the end of the movie, which soon-to-come opera was Lucy Gilbert hinting at while talking to her husband in bed?
5. What prevented Mr. Grossmith and Mr. Barrington from getting raises in salary?
6. What was Ms. Braham's main problem?
7. What were the two biggest problems during the creation of "The Mikado", accoring to the movie?
8. Who were the two people working with Gilbert and Sullivan who, according to the movie, were most important to the acting company.
9. What happened, before opening night of "The Mikado", that made the entire cast plead with Gilbert to change his mind?
10. Who said the following, "There's something inherently disappointing about success."
Source: Author jen721
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor skunkee
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.