Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Which of the following works was not composed by Luigi Nono?
2. These two outstanding composers from Hungary are good friends, and were colleagues at the Franz Liszt Conservatory, in Budapest. Who are they?
3. What term applies better to the composer Bryan Ferneyhough, author of 'Bone Alphabet', 'On Stellar Magnitudes', and 'Unity Capsule'?
4. Which one of these composers was born in Switzerland?
5. Where do the famous New Music Summer Courses take place?
6. What composer is the author of 'Kontrakadenz'. 'Zwei Gefuhle...Musik mit Leonardo', and 'Ein Kinderspiel'?
7. Where was the composer Emmanuel Nunes born?
8. Which work by Olivier Messiaen is said to have paved the way to 'Total Serialism' music?
9. This composer is known for his almost provocative posture, as well as for his aleatory music creating process. He wrote 'Music of Changes' and '4'33''
10. IRCAM means 'Institut de Recherche et de Coordination Acoustique-Musique' (Institut of Research for Coordination Acoustics and Music). True or False?
11. Former Mayor of Venice, he is the author of the libretto for 'Prometeo, Tragedia dell'ascolto', by Luigi Nono. Who is this Italian philosopher?
12. 'Penser la Musique au jour d'hui' (Music Today) is a book written by what French composer?
13. Which of these composers is known for writing Spectral music?
14. Who wrote several works, all called 'Sequenza' (sequences), for different solo instruments?
15. Which one of these composers was NOT born in the United States of America?
Source: Author op1n1
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor bullymom
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.