Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. I was born in New Jersey in 1926. I'm primarily known as a comedian, but I have tried my hand at serious acting, directing, singing, baseball playing and cinematography, and I'm good at them. When Dean Martin and I were partners, I played the "awkward doofus" to Martin's "cool hipster." Though I was "pronounced clinically dead" in 1982, I'm still alive. My first name is Jerry. What's my last name?
2. I was no fictional character, but a very real MD. I was known for instituting the esoteric-sounding Division of Perceptual Studies where we delved into all sorts of weird stuff like studying reincarnation and near-death experiences. My friends knew me as Ian. What was my last name?
3. I was "the Brown Bomber," and my opponents were called "bums-of-the-month."
When I fought Max Baer in 1935, spectator Ernest Hemingway called the bout "the most disgusting public spectacle outside of a public hanging." My first name was Joe. What was my last name?
4. I was a Brigadier General in the U. S. Army and a West Point graduate. I was in the Civil War, and after that engagement, my Army Corps of Engineers built a sea wall to protect Galveston, Texas from flood threats. Being a military man, I liked things real orderly-like, and got a little sick of disorganized hot air at meetings. My wife called me Henry and my kids called me "sir." What was my last name?
5. I was a tough old bird, and I wasn't afraid to speak to power. However, it was a known fact that I could be as dictatorial as those I fought. You think me, you think "Go Union! Go UMWA!" My first and middle name was John Llewellyn. What was my last name?
6. I was a very visible politician in the post-WW II era. I was Governor of Illinois, ran for president twice and lost, and was ambassador to the United Nations. As soon as I tell you my first name, you're going to know my last, but here goes anyway: it was Adlai. What was my last name?
7. I'm 6 foot five inches tall, and yes, I play NBA basketball. Right now I'm a shooting guard for the Washington Wizards, and my first name is DeShawn. What's my last name?
8. I am known as the French Spiderman, or the Human Spider. Primarily, I'm known for scaling super-tall structures and defying authorities that tell me to come down.
My first name is Alain. Do you know my last name?
9. Now let's go to the name itself. This name is of Germanic origin, and means "bright fame." Is it "Robert," "Louis/Lewis," or "Steven(son)?"
10. Okay, another name itself. This name is of German origin also, and means "famous in battle." Is it "Robert," "Louis" or "Steven(son)?"
Source: Author snediger
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor Snowman
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.