Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Nicknamed the Pearl of York, the British saint Margaret Clitherow was executed in 1586 for which crime?
2. In 1967 Scotsman Ian Dallas changed his name to Abdalqadir as-Sufi when he converted to become a member of which faith?
3. Which King of England was given the title "Fidei Defensor" by Leo X in 1521, but decided to break away from the Roman Catholic Church just nine years later?
4. What is the name of the Welsh evangelical leader who, in 1966, controversially called for evangelicals to leave the Church of England because it had become too liberal?
5. Which Englishman founded the religion of Thelema, claiming to have been instructed by Aiwass, the messenger of Horus, as to the direction which humanity needed to take in the early part of the 20th century?
6. Which Catholic saint was executed in 1535 after he refused to take the Oath of Supremacy to the king?
7. "Murder in the Cathedral", by T.S. Elliot, is about the killing of which priest (who was Archbishop of Canterbury at the time) in 1170?
8. Which of the following monks, considered to be the "Apostle to the English", became the first Archbishop of Canterbury?
9. What was unique about the Rabbinate of Wimbledon and District Synagogue between 2003 and 2014?
10. When Oliver Cromwell became Lord Protector of the Commonwealth of England, Scotland, and Ireland, he made every effort to make all of his subjects conform to his religious beliefs. What church did he attend?
Source: Author Joepetz
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.