Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Many religions celebrate the transition from childhood to adulthood with a special event. What can we call these events as a whole?
2. In each of the three great "monotheistic" religions there is only one true God. From where are the shared roots of Judaism, Christianity and Islam?
3. For Muslims, the followers of Islam, what is the sacred text and word of God?
4. In ancient India a faith developed which has millions of followers. They use sacred texts, epic poems, and hymns called Vedas. A religion of many deities, what is it called?
5. Zoroastrianism is one of the world's oldest religions, beginning in ancient Persia (now Iran). Royal priests of a later dynasty were called what? Hint: there were more than three of them.
6. For hundreds of years Chinese religious writers discussed San-chiao, the three ways. Two of these ways are Daoism, and Buddhism. What is the third great religion of China?
7. In 1879 Mary Baker Eddy founded Christian Science, seeking to reproduce the healing ministry of Jesus, after she was cured without medical treatment. Christian Science is often confused with which non-Christian spiritual viewpoint, made famous by a vocal Tom Cruise?
8. Though ancient religious practices were held dear and passed on through oral tradition, and later religions put forth by many means, which invention permitted an expansive spread of faith across the globe?
9. With prehistoric roots, this Japanese religion was originally known as kami, and later Shinto. Since Shinto believers seek to uphold moral behavior, preserve relationships, and protect the natural environment, what is their most important moral value?
10. Religion has inspired great works of art, music, literature and architecture, as well as dark events of disagreement and bloodshed. What else has nearly every religion inspired, embodied by both great and humble religious figures?
Source: Author Godwit
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.