Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell" (Matthew 10:28, NIV). Which teaching would this verse most likely be used to refute?
2. "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father" (Mark 13:32, NIV). Which teaching would this verse most likely be used to support?
3. "There came then his brethren and his mother, and, standing without, sent unto him, calling him. And the multitude sat about him, and they said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren without seek for thee. And he answered them, saying, Who is my mother, or my brethren?
And he looked round about on them which sat about him, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren! For whosoever shall do the will of God, the same is my brother, and my sister, and mother" (Mark 3: 31-34, KJV). Which doctrine would this verse most likely be used to refute?
4. "Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also" (Matthew 5:38-39, KJV). Which of the following would this verse most likely be used to refute?
5. "Behold, I was shapen in iniquity; And in sin did my mother conceive me" (Psalm 51:5, KJV). What doctrine is this verse most often used to support?
6. "The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" (2 Peter 3:9, KJV). What doctrine is this verse often used to refute?
7. "For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe" (I Timothy 4:10, KJV). What idea have some Christians used this verse to support?
8. "For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord"
(Romans 8:38-39, KJV). What teaching is this passage often used to support?
9. "But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence" (I Timothy 2:12, KJV). What idea is this verse most often used to support?
10. "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved" (Mark 16:16, KJV). What idea is this verse sometimes used to refute, or argue AGAINST?
Source: Author skylarb
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.