Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. This woman, arguably the most famous of all nuns, won the Nobel Prize in 1979 for her humanitarian work. While her birth name was Agnes Gonxha Bojaxhiu, she was better known by which name?
2. "Nothing great is ever achieved without much enduring" is a famous quote attributed to which nun?
3. This American nun dedicated her life to helping Native Americans and Blacks in the Western United States. What is the name of this nun who became only the second American-born Saint?
4. In 1986, "The Nun Study" began and involved almost 700 nuns of "School Sisters of Notre Dame." This was a long-term study on the effects of aging but also was used to learn more about which devastating disease?
5. This woman, born in 1774, was the first American to become a saint. What is the name of this Saint who is noted as being dedicated to the education and care of the children of the poor?
6. "It is love alone that gives worth to all things" is a quote attributed to which of the following nuns?
7. "God knows no distance" is a quote from Charleszetta Waddles, a prominent defender of the poor. What nationality was Waddles?
8. Jeanine Deckers, a Belgian nun, achieved fame as "the Singing Nun" when she became a one hit wonder on the music charts in 1963. What was the name of this song?
9. Which of the following actresses left Hollywood to become a nun?
10. You have to be Catholic to become a nun.
Source: Author ghosttowner
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor LeoDaVinci
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.