Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. What was Alexander VI called before he became pope?
2. Alexander wasn't the first pope from his family. What was the name of his uncle who was pope 35 years before Alexander?
3. Things were different in the 1400's - priests, cardinals and even popes had mistresses and children! Who was Alexander's mistress who became the mother of the infamous Cesare Borgia?
4. Alexander's children were often used to help further their father's goals, either as religious leaders, military generals or through marriages. How many husbands did his daughter Lucrezia have?
5. Alexander issued the Treaty of Tordesillas in 1494. What important issue did this decide?
6. A great patron of the arts, Alexander filled his rooms in the Apostolic Palace with lavish frescos. Which artist was chosen for this honor?
7. Alexander was a secular as well as a spiritual leader. What was the name of the region which he governed?
8. Machiavelli wrote about both Alexander and his son Cesare in "The Prince". Which quotation from this book describes how Machiavelli viewed Alexander?
9. Alexander died in 1503, and his death is still considered suspicious. What is one of the major theories of his death?
10. Where is Alexander buried?
Source: Author kmarti14
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor CellarDoor
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.