Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. Excommunicated Henry VIII (1538)
2. Often named as the second pope, after Saint Peter (c. 67AD)
3. Moved the papacy to Avignon (1309)
4. Pope who resigned due to ill health (2013)
5. English pope (1154)
6. Pope during World War II (1939 onwards)
7. Commissioned Michelangelo to paint Sistine Chapel ceiling (1508)
8. Pope who instigated the First Crusade (1095)
9. Served as pope for only 33 days (1978)
10. The second, and possibly better known, of the popes from the Borgia family (1492)
Source: Author rossian
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor looney_tunes
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.