Quiz Answer Key and Fun Facts
1. At the beginning of the book of Acts, Jesus gives his disciples parting instructions, and then "he was taken up before their very eyes". What hid him from their sight?
2. William Blake's painting from around 1800 depicts Roman soldiers casting lots for the robe of Jesus. In Acts 1, what do the disciples do before they cast lots to determine who will replace Judas as one of the twelve apostles?
3. In Acts 2, the Holy Spirit arrives as promised, on the day of Pentecost, and the disciples "saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them" (verse 3). What did they hear before the tongues of fire appeared?
4. In Acts 2, some people were amazed to hear Peter and the other disciples from Galilee speaking in many different languages of the Roman Empire. But others made fun of them. What did the scoffers say?
5. In Acts 3, Peter heals a lame man who is begging and then preaches to the onlookers. Where in the Jerusalem Temple does this take place?
6. When Peter is approached by the lame beggar in the Jerusalem Temple in Acts 3, what does Peter say?
7. In Acts 4, "The priests and the captain of the temple guard and the Sadducees....were greatly disturbed because the apostles were teaching the people proclaiming" something in Jesus. What was this idea Peter and John were proclaiming that challenged the theology of the Sadducees?
8. In Acts 4, we meet a man who will appear later, in the stories of Paul and his missionary journeys: "Joseph, a Levite from Cyprus, who the apostles called Barnabas..." (36-37). According to Luke, what does "Barnabas" mean?
9. At the beginning of Acts 5, there's the story of the married couple Ananias and Sapphira, who are quite different from Joseph Barnabas. But what do they and he have in common?
10. In the latter part of Acts 5, the apostles again get in trouble with the authorities for healing and preaching in and around the Temple in Jerusalem. What happens after they are arrested and thrown into jail?
Source: Author nannywoo
This quiz was reviewed by FunTrivia editor agony
before going online.
Any errors found in FunTrivia content are routinely corrected through our feedback system.